Church of the life-giving Trinity (Yoshkar-Ola)
The church of Life-giving Trinity is a brick church built in 1736 with support of a merchant S.Vishnyakov and a peasant A.Osokin, was the first town stone construction. The two storied temple in the spirit of traditional architecture consisted of a big quadrangular frame, completed with a fine five cupolas, with a refectory and free-standing multitiered bell tower. Nikol'skiy side-altar was placed below. The church is closed in 1932, in 1939 the bell tower and the top tier of the temple are broken. In 1995-2008 the building is rebuilt from new designs. The five-domed temple is built in the spirit of eclecticism with a pyramidal bell tower.